Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Where did 'The Takeaway' come from?

Gwen <span class=
Ifill and Judy Woodruff

Tonight at 7 PM, I tuned my radio to WUFT-FM - 89.1 FM in Gainesville, FL to hear the news; Normally at this time they provide the PBS Newshour (Lehrer - Ifill Report), an in-depth Public Television (now being also featured on radio) news program that was previously known as The MacNeil/Lehrer Report. Much to my surprise the feature was preempted by a program called 'The Takeaway' from WNYC -- Public Radio International. As I looked on the radio station's website for the reason for this change, I noticed this:
Monday-Thursday, Aug. 27-30, 8-11 p.m.

PBS NEWSHOUR SPECIAL REPORT: REPUBLICAN CONVENTION

Veteran journalists Gwen Ifill and Judy Woodruff anchor complete live coverage of the Republican national political convention, from the opening gavel to its official close.
Well, the first thing I found strange was that there was no news report from NPR at the top of the hour, then I noticed that during the opening segment when they discussed the current Tampa GOP Convention, that the two female experts were partial to the Republican Presidential candidate and his VP; Something which I don't usually hear on any of the programs broadcast on this Station WUFT/Gainesville. Funny how a single program change can jar my awareness, or shake-up my attention? Apparently not all public radio programs are biased.

It's now 8:00 PM and there's another surprise in programming on my radio; WJUF - 90.1 » Inverness, FL., the local affiliate is not providing the scheduled special PBS Newshour from the Republican Convention, instead they are having ON POINT (WBUR - Boston), the usual scheduled program. I guess I spoke too soon, it seems as if someone still has a Liberal (Progressive) bias when it comes to politics. Too bad that public funds are used to operate a local public radio station that has a political agenda to promote.

Arsenio.
.

No comments: